Sunday, March 10, 2013

Seaside School Half Marathon

Kasey and I dragged our families over to the panhandle for a fun weekend at Grandma Terry and Pepa's house for a Seaside Run! We all got in Friday night and visited a little. Saturday we cooked and mainly stayed indoors. It was a cold and windy weekend, the kind thats good for fireside chats-mainly what occurred! But on Sunday Kasey and I braved the cold wind and ran 13.1 miles on 30-A! It was beautiful and I gave my run to God and asked Him to speak to me! I learned just how much to be thankful for as I passed little kids cheering on the runners and a lady that shouted "Keep going! Just think about how you are such a good example for your children!" There was an old hippie playing "Ramble On" by Led Zepplin which made me thankful for my Lord of the Ring! And a restaurant blared out the theme song to Chariots of Fire. I thought to myself, "When I run, I feel God's pleasure!" Kasey had fast goals in mind and I just wanted to run on the beach, but we both PR'd! Kasey even came back for me so we could cross the finish together! I ran it in 1 hour and 53 minutes! Ten minutes faster than last year! Afterwards we collected our Vera Bradley bags, free bbq, beer and massages!

No comments: